RE: Frame 6 - list numbering problem

Ladies and germs,

Call off the dogs.  The culprit has been run to ground and put to death.

I wiped and re-installed FM 6.

Problem is gone.

Special thanks to Joe Halleman, who:

a) loaded a couple of sample files from me, and told me that I
   was alone and crazy, because he didn't see the problem at his end, and,

b) sent me a sample chapter of HIS, which promptly showed the
    damn problem on my system.

That's when I finally knew it was a broken FM, and not simply
me being too stooopid to figure out the new Frame functionality
(which had been my assumption for days...)

Problem now does not appear.    Yay!

But... I don't have the "free" Quadralay WWP installed, because
THAT CD arrived corrupted in my FM 6 upgrade package. So, now
I have to wonder what was/is wrong with my FM 6 CD.  Our
purchaser has been chasing Adobe to get a replacement WWP
CD, but now I wonder if she should also be demanding a new
FM 6 CD, as well.

So, now I live in fear of the next glitch, whereupon I will be torn
between trying to figure out if I'm doing something wrong, or
just re-installing FM.   I must say that this rather lowers the
efficiency of the product...  Of course, I've made a few
disparaging remarks within the hearing of Adobe, in the past,
so maybe I got shipped this CD set... "special"...
Ah, ah, ah...  don't say it.  Remember, you're only paranoid if
they AREN'T out to get you.    Buaaaahahahahaaaa!

Once again, thanks to all tried to help, online and off.

Thomas Michanek, those were excellent suggestions you posted,
and I intend to paste a printout of your message to my cubicle
for guidance in debugging the NEXT goof-up.  Because, if the sun
comes up tomorrow, there WILL be a next goof-up...              :-)

Thanks

/kevin

Send administrative questions to listadmin@FrameUsers.com.
Visit the FrameUsers website: http://www.FrameUsers.com