Re: Quark?

Quark's 'avenue' extension looks the best bet so far, though we haven't
had the chance to evaluate it properly (living in the UK means Quark
won't sell it to us). Two comments:

1: the 'web-centred' exports are probably a function of the extension
creating a CSS or XSL style file at the same time that it writes the XML
(this is what Frame does too). You can delete or modify this file and
any reference to it in the exported XML file.

2: making valid XML from Xpress presupposes that Xpress can parse its
own files against a DTD/schema, or that the original author happened to
make it all valid according to your DTD (or both). The first is unlikely
to be do-able. The second is just plain unlikely.

--
Mark Barratt
Text Matters