Virutal Printer Problem

Framers,

I saw a message on the Frame list regarding the virtual printer and was excited to get this device. I use a Mac pwr PC and, unfortunately, do not have a postscript printer (yet). But I make Acrobat files from Frame by switching the Chooser to the Abode ps driver (yup, 8.5.1). However, it reeks havoc to do so. It takes 5 to 10 minutes to tweak my Chooser back to the original printer driver (Epson Stylix), a procedure that includes a system reboot.

However, after I downloaded the virtual printer, I noticed that the icon was "greyed out" on my desktop; that is, as I understand it in the language of the Mac, "not active". I dropped the file in with the printer descriptions file extensions anyway -  but it remained grey. I rebooted (which the readme said was not necessary) - no luck. Re-downloaded the file- no luck. And so on. Still, the vp remains greyed out (soft-focus, if you will) and does not appear as an option in the print or page set-up menus of my applications, which the readme claimed would be the result. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Colin