Re: When is an override an override?

From: "Rhonda Fitzgerald" <rfitzger@progress.com>
> I've also seen the asterisk when I apply one of my character formats to
> a paragraph.  For example, I have a format called "Paragraph" and then I
> apply a character format called "booktitle" which makes the paragraph
> italic.  This causes the asterisk to appear.  This should not be causing
> an override.  Does anyone know why I see the asterisk in this case?

When you apply a character format to the *entire* paragraph, you also
change the format of the paragraph definition. That's why you can't
get rid of the override by applying "Default P Font" to the paragraph.
It has changed the default font of the paragraph.

To avoid this, add an extra space at the end and do not include that
space when applying the character format. As long as there's one
character left that's not affected, the default font won't be changed.

Thomas Michanek, [Michagon], Linkoping, Sweden
Documentation Consultant, FrameMaker/UNIX expert
EMAIL:  mailto:Thomas.Michanek@telia.com
WWW:    http://go.to/framers , or go directly to:
        http://w1.133.telia.com/~u13304072/framers