RE: framers-digest V1 #388

What might be useful is if the paragraph designer (and the character
designer) showed an asterisk next to the tag name when showing the format of
a selection.  The pop-up (or drop-down, depending on your platform) menu
could have two listings for the current tag: one with an asterisk and one
without.  That way, it would be easy to switch between the format definition
and the actual format of the current selection.

And as long as I'm making suggestions, maybe it would also be possible to
change a "feature" of the paragraph and character designers that's always
bugged me: When I'm changing a whole bunch of tags, I usually just go down
the menu of formats one by one.  So what happens is that I select a format,
I make changes, I click "update all," and then the dialog box reverts to the
format of the current paragraph.  So now I have to remember which format I
just changed and scroll through the menu again to get to the next one.  It
would be much easier if the designer stayed at the format I just changed.

OK, enough complaining for now.  Maybe Dov could suggest these changes to
the powers that be?

By the way, I don't think any of this has to do with Mac versus Windows
(versus X) UI.  Frame follows a model of its own...

 -Stephan Heilmayr