RE: characters mysteriously changing

Rick,

If you want Frame not to check spelling for a given paragraph (default font
properties) or character tag, you can set the designer to use
"Language=None". (Bottom of the laundry list in the designer dialog.)

Without a language specified for the dictionary, FrameMaker does not check
the spelling of anything using such a tag. That's how most of the templates
I design or use handle code samples.

> had added Courier to our nontext fonts in the maker.ini file so that the
>  spell-checker would skip these samples.

Deborah Snavely, Senior Technical Writer, Aurigin Systems, Inc.