Re: "Value of FDX out of range" error

> Can anyone tell me what this message means? I see when saving to MIF.
>
> MIF: "D:\synplify-000525\Temp\ch3-22.mif" (14850): Value of FDX
> out of range (-2033.84).

FDX is an attribute to a paragraph or character format:
"Horizontal kern value for manual kerning expressed as
percentage of an em; positive value moves characters right
and negative value moves characters left"

This attribute is not possible to assign or change directly
from either the paragraph or character designer. Possibly
someone has changed the value by using MIF earlier.
You could search the resulting MIF file for a string like
"<FDX -2033" and see if you find it. Then change it to zero,
or possibly a smaller percent value if you think the context
motivates it (this requires a little MIF knowledge), and then
resave the MIF file as binary.

If you'd like, I can take a look at the MIF file.

Thomas Michanek, [Michagon], Linkoping, Sweden
Documentation Consultant, FrameMaker/UNIX expert
EMAIL:  mailto:Thomas.Michanek@telia.com
WWW:    http://go.to/framers , or go directly to:
        http://w1.133.telia.com/~u13304072/framers