Re: FM, MacOS, & PDF

>Okay, I give.
>
>What combo of printer driver do I need to generate PDFs (Acrobat 4.0) on my
>Mac (System 8.6) from FrameMaker (v 5.5.6)? I have been on Adobe's site and
>my system does not like the Adobe printing libraries it told me to use. I
>couldn't find the archives to look there. Printing Lib 8.5.1 doesn't work at
>all.

Elizabeth,

While you can mess about with reinstalling AdobePS 8.5.1, it will
eventually install and print, using the Apple print driver will work
fine.

If you do need to use the AdobePS, remember to remove all instances
of the Apple printing drivers first, since, there is sometimes a
little trouble installing over the top of them. AdobePS 8.5.1 and
Apple drivers use the same names for the files that are unique to
each. This WILL cause problems.

I recommend one of the following as cures.

1. Update to Mac OS 9.x

2. Update to FM 6.x

If you do the above, then you should be able to use AdobePS 8.7.

Scott