Re: creating forms in FrameMaker 5.5.6

At 12:47 PM 5/30/00 -0700, Noelle Donati wrote:
>I have a form that was originally done in Interleaf 6 and is 9 pages long.
>I don't know of an easy way to convert it so I'm trying to recreate it in
>Frame.
>
>So, I am trying to create a form (e.g., a site survey) that will be part of
>a chapter in a book.  Is there an easy way to create forms in Frame?  The
>form needs some checkboxes, blank lines for the user to fill in stuff,
>etc.
>
>Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I've found that tables work very well for complex forms. By using
vertical and horizontal straddles, row formatting to establish min/max
row heights, and custom ruling and shading,
I've produced some pretty nifty tables for all sorts of tables.

The Zapf Dingbat box shaded box symbols work well as checkboxes.

Using forms built using tables, I've also used UniMerge to populate
forms with data extracted from databases. An example of this use
is an organization that maintains large amounts of data on each
member. To keep that information current, the organization would
like populate a self-mailer form with the current information in each
field of the member record, with fill-in-the blank areas under the
current field data where the member can make corrections and
additions. The same form can be used collect new information
about each member that is added to the database. The mailed-
back forms are then used to update the database.

The same approach can be used to produce database-populated
forms for each employee describing the benefit plan options
(e.g., insurance savings plans, etc.) the employee has currently
selected, with space provided for the employee to change any
of those options.
| Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646