Re: Uniform master pages, varying title paras?

At 02:04 PM 5/25/00 -0700, graham wideman wrote:
>Folks:
>
>What's a good way to solve this problem:
>
>For easy maintenance, I'd like to keep the catalogs of master pages,
>styles etc uniform across all files in my book.
>
>Most files are Chapters that use an autonumber Title para format, and that
>Title para is picked up by the a master page so that Chapter Title appears
>at top of each right page. Nothing unusual so far.
>
>But what do I do for the few "chapters" like preface, appendices, TOC
>where I'd like to use the very same master pages, but they use a different
>para style for their "titles"?
>
>Clearly something has to give, what's the best compromise?
Nothing has to give, and there's no need to compromise.
The answer is on page 185 of the User Guide, last column in the
table at the top of the page. Use:

<$paratext[ChapTitle,AppendixTitle,Etcetera]
(the Etcetera means any additional tags you need).
The text of the first listed paragraph that appears
on the page will be used.
| Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646