Re: FrameMaker to Word or RTF

On Thu, 25 May 2000 11:06:47 -0700, Thomas Neuburger <thomasn@twelfthnight.com> wrote:

>This is interesting, Jeremy, but I'm a little confused. If I use Frame for
>authoring and mif2go for WinHelp RTF generation, do I lose my Xref
>interlinks within the resulting help system? Your comments below seem to
>imply that, though I may not be reading it correctly.

No, you're not.  My comments were directed specifically to ***Word*** RTF
output, which is intended for print and review use in MS Word.  That is
a *very* different format from WinHelp RTF, in which links are not only
preserved, additional ones are readily created.

Specifically, *all* Frame cross-references, Frame hyperlinks (newlink,
gotolink, openlink, gotopage, message URL, alert, and several others),
and object-ID links (TOC, IX, and any other generated lists and indices)
are converted to WinHelp jumps.  They can also become popups, or use
secondary windows, as the user wishes.

The same is true of HTML, XML, and the other Help formats we support, like
HTML Help and JavaHelp.  The link support is quite automatic, requiring no
action by users unless popups or secondary windows are needed; even then,
generally all that's required is a one- or two-line addition to the .ini.

Mif2Go is designed to run most projects "out of the box", which is why we
have no need to offer extensive training classes... and are able to offer
unlimited email tech support at no extra charge to our customers.

These topics are explained at greater length at:
  http://www.omsys.com/dcl/mif2go.htm

   (jeremy@omsys.com)     http://www.omsys.com/
** To subscribe to Free Framers, email the message **
** body "subscribe framers" to majordomo@omsys.com **