Re: Deleting formats across a book file

*** The original message appeared on the FrameUsers list.

From: "Marcus Streets" <marcus@ncipher.com>
> Chris Cox wrote:
> >
> > Is there any way I can delete formats across a book file? I deleted them
> > from one file, but when I applied formats from this file to the book file,
> > the other formats still remained.
> >
> Of course you could wirte some perl to munge the MIF file, or a dinky
> frame script/FDK client but it seems likela lot of effort.

Unless someone already has written such a script, and you happen to have
access to Linux/UNIX :-) I have a UNIX shell script that can delete all
or only selected tags across a book, once it's in MIF format.

I'm sure there are third-party utilities (plug-ins) also for this.

Thomas Michanek, [Michagon], Linkoping, Sweden
Documentation Consultant, FrameMaker/UNIX expert
EMAIL:  mailto:Thomas.Michanek@telia.com
WWW:    http://go.to/framers , or go directly to:
        http://w1.133.telia.com/~u13304072/framers