Re: Automatic Save in FM 6 ??

Why aren't you using the Auto-Save feature in 5.5.6?
1. Choose Filte > Preferences.
2. Turn on the check in the Auto Save Every ___
line.
3. Type in the number of minutes between autosaves
(the lower the number, the less work you'll lose when
FM crashes).

It seems to me, however, that you should try to find
out what's making FM crash so often. If the crash
is caused by FM, a message indicating en error code
should appear. Write down that code value.
=======================================
At 08:25 PM 5/20/00 -0700, Ada Lai wrote:
>I know that many of you will identify with me:
>
>I just lost 4 hours worth of work when Framemaker 5.5.6 crashed with no
>warning.
>
>I love so many things about Framemaker, but this instability in the product
>really stinks!!!
>
>This is not the first time I have been burned, and each time has renewed my
>fervor at saving
>my file as I work. However, as soon as I slip into a "lull" and forget to
>do regular saves - BA-BAM!! FM nails me!
>
>this time, (my expletive must have rated at least a 3.5 on the Richter
>scale!)
>
>I am especially frustrated at:
>a) the absence of an auto save facility, and
>
>b) the lack of any temp files or anything to give me any hope of recovering
>even some of my work.

| Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646