Re: Compatibility between FM5 and FM6 docs

At 08:08 AM 5/5/00 -0700, Steven Shepard wrote:
>You can't open FrameMaker 6.0 files with 5.5. Even if you could I would
>never do it, especially if you are working other people's files.
Wrong---If you save the FM6 file as MIF, it'll be openable in FM5.5.x. If
you are not using any of the new features (few and far between anyway) of
FM6, save it as MIF, open and edit it in FM5.5.x, save it in binary, and
open it back up in FM6, there should not be any problems.
     | Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646