Re: elements & text formatting

At 08:53 AM 5/5/00 -0500, bwalters@eb.com wrote:
>Is there a way to have a text range element wrap text and have that text
>retain any character formatting that it has?
>
>I want to wrap blue colored text with an Emphasis element and have that
>text not turn black. Black is the color of the default paragraph text,
>but why can't the element which has no color associated leave the blue
>character formatting alone. I did see in the developer's guide where an
>inserted element formats according to the element's formatting rules,
>then eventually to the default paragraph format. I also tried to set the
>default paragraph color to "As Is", but this does not stick by way of
>the paragraph designer.
The general rule for the container in which the text rang elements are
inserted should be: (<TEXT> | Emphasis | Blue)*
        OR
Emphasis and Blue must be inclusions.

Then, you highlight the text to be formatted, and wrap it in the Emphasis
element. Next, you select element Emphasis in the structure view, and wrap
it in the Blue element.
     | Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646