Adobe goof-ups (was Fwd: Regarding Your Request)

The two related goofs described by Carolyn Stallard below are more evidence
that Adobe's wheels are coming off. How could they have claimed erroneously
that those fonts came with 5.5.6 separately from the 200+ fonts that were
unlockable on the TOC CD?.

Here's more evidence: I've been calling Adobe since January requesting the
Acrobat 4.06 replacement for the Acrobat 4.0 CD that I purchased and
received last November. Each time, I was promised that 4.06 would arrive, at
the latest, by a particular date. When that date had passed without
receiving anything, I'd call again and get a new promise date. Finally,
yesterday, three separate copies of 4.06 arrived, one of which was for the
MAC, even though I am registered as having the Windows version.
At 01:21 PM 5/2/00 -0700, Carolyn Stallard wrote:
>"Jeremy H. Griffith" wrote:
> . .
>> Poor Techdocs.  It couldn't find a page that Adobe's own Web search engine
>> knew about.  Here is the URL where I found it, FWIW*:
>>
>>   http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/2276a.htm
>>
>> *For What It's Worth, which in this case isn't much...
>
>And furthermore, it just ain't so.  No Helvetica, Courier, or Times
>fonts got installed with _my_ copy of FM 5.5.6 for Windows.  Every
>dagnab "legacy" (say, six months old) FM document I open requires font
>substitution for one or more of those fonts.
     | Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646