Re: Problem with Czech special character

At 04:48 PM 4/30/00 +0100, Milan Opavsky wrote:
>I have a problem to type the special Czech character T+apostroph "t'"
>ALT+0157 in FrameMaker 5.56 for Windows. It seems that only FrameMaker has
>no support for this special letter. Can anyone help how to insert this
>character please? Hope this problem will be solved in FM-6!!!!!!!
ANSI 0157 is one of half a dozen or more undisplayable locked code points in
FM, and many of these code points are required for eastern european and
cyrillic languages.

It is almost certainly not fixed in FM6. The only viable solution to this
problem (as well as much more far-reaching requirements for translation and
compliance with international standards) would have been to make FM6
unicode/xml compliant on both import and export, as Word 2000 is. Adobe's
failure to incorporate this capability in FM6 will have grave consequences
for the future viability of FrameMaker.
     | Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646