Re: Find and replace text in index markers

*** The original message appeared on the FrameUsers list.

Original question from: "Dulce Pueyos" <dpueyos@itpsp.com>

Summary from: "Dulce Pueyos" <dpueyos@itpsp.com>
> To summarize these are the answers to my query about finding/replacing text
> in markers:
>
> 1. The best option for Windows/Unix is using a plug-in called IXgen. URL:
> http://www.pacifier.com/~franks and Frameusers.com - Tools area
> It seems to be a great tool. It's a pity it doesn't exist for Mac, but
> useful for us indeed (we use both) - Thanks Stuart for noting the Mac issue.
>
> 2. A more painful option is editing the MIF file. [...]

As usual, I cannot resist giving a UNIX script solution for MIF files,
that don't require the use of IXgen:

1. Save the file to MIF.
2. Execute the following UNIX command:

ex - file.mif << EOT
g/<MType 2>/\
/<MText / s/SEARCH TEXT/REPLACE TEXT/
w!
EOT

3. Save the MIF file back to binary.

Note that "SEARCH TEXT" is case-sensitive.

Thomas Michanek, [Michagon], Linkoping, Sweden
Documentation Consultant, FrameMaker/UNIX expert
EMAIL:  mailto:Thomas.Michanek@telia.com
WWW:    http://go.to/framers , or go directly to:
        http://w1.133.telia.com/~u13304072/framers