Re: Non-breaking space in cross-reference (cross-posted)

This one's easy:

type "\ " (no.... not the quotes!)

On UNIX <cntrl> <space> also works. Your mileage may vary on other Operating
Systems.

Good Luck.

Jo Baer wrote:

> I have searched the archives, but can't seem to come up with an answer
> to this one. Is it possible to include a non-breaking space in a
> cross-reference format? Typing it the usual way (Esc space h) just gets
> you out of the format box. Copying a non-breaking space from body text
> and pasting it in the format dialog box just inserts a regular space.
> I'm afraid the answer to this one is just plain "no" but I thought I'd
> ask.

             _   _        Michael Richards
            ( \ / )       Email:  michaelr@ind.tansu.com.au
           __\ Y /,-')    Tel: +61 2 9206 3524
          (__     .-'     Locked Bag 6581 Sydney 1100
             |   (        Fax: +61 2 9281 1301
             [___]        Intelligent Network Platforms,
             |oo |        Telstra Corporation, Australia
           ,' \  |
          <___/  |
             |   |
             |   |     HAVE YOU SEEN THIS CHICKEN???