Re: Starting Page Number Changing In Index

From: Avram Baskin <Avram_Baskin@pciwiz.com>
>I set the starting page number in a particular chapter in a book back to 1
>and save the document.  When I generate the index, the starting page number
>changes to 5.  I repeat the process, and the same thing happens.

The starting page number set in an individual document is normally
overridden by the generate/update process in the book. In the book file,
select the chapter file and use File > Setup File. In the dialog, select
the page numbering scheme "Restart at 1" (or possibly "Read from document").
You are advised to control all numbering in your book from the setup
information for each file.

Thomas Michanek, [Michagon], Linkoping, Sweden
Documentation Consultant, FrameMaker/UNIX expert
EMAIL:  mailto:Thomas.Michanek@telia.com
WWW:    http://go.to/framers , or go directly to:
        http://w1.133.telia.com/~u13304072/framers