Re: Index sort order problem

On Wed, 29 Mar 2000 14:20:22 -0500, "Gallagher, Susan" <Susan_Gallagher@compuware.com> wrote:

>The ": line command" entry doesn't appear under "Special Characters" -- it
>ends up floating at the top of the index.   I'm assuming the colon is the
>problem -- that Frame is interpreting it as a child entry.
>
>Anyone know of any way to work around this?

Sure.  Put a backslash in front of it, so you have:
  \: line command

The same thing works for including semi (\;), brackets (\[ or \]), angle
brackets (\< or \>), and backslash itself (\\).

This is mentioned on page 23-6 of the 5.0 FM Using FrameMaker book,
from Frame Technology... don't know if it survived in the 5.5 docs.
All right, I'll look... yes, page 309, but it's shrunk to a Note.

  (jeremy@omsys.com)  http://www.omsys.com/