Re: Title of Book (appearing in headers/footers)

I must say that I endorse this solution as being THE ONLY SOLUTION.

Dan has omitted one other very important reason why this solution is the only
real option:

If you use x-refs instead of variables and you are going to distill any of the
resulting books with Acrobat links included, the resulting pdfs will also have
hypertext links to any appearances of the the book title. If the book title is
on every page, the pdf will have a resulting file bloat of approximately (very
approximately!) 100 bytes per page. This adds up! Especially if there are more
than one of these master page x-refs per page!

AND, if that weren't bad enough, when the x-refs are either to ref pages or to a
master file that's not included in the book, all of these pdf links will be
broken, and the resulting pdfs will have dodgy integrity (i.e. none).

Posted to Free Framers due to the mention of the Framer Who Dare Not Speak His
Name.

--
             _   _        Michael Richards
            ( \ / )       Email:  michaelr@ind.tansu.com.au
             |   (        Fax: +61 2 9281 1301
             [___]        Intelligent Network Platforms,
             |oo |        Telstra Corporation, Australia
           ,' \  |
          <___/  |
             |   |
             |   |     HAVE YOU SEEN THIS CHICKEN???