Re: BUG: Unavailable font culprit -- FOUND!

At 12:41 PM 3/27/00 -0600, Stevens, Ananda wrote:
>***FINALLY*** found the source of something that's been bugging me
>for months...
>
>Despite editing all of the para and character formats to get rid of a
>particular font, I kept getting the "unavailable font" message. I checked
>the body pages, master pages, reference pages, variables, xrefs,
>markers, everything -- or so I'd thought.
>
>The TABLE FORMAT definitions include complete copies of the
>para tag definitions if you set specific cells to use specific para tags!!!!
>
>And despite having changed the para tag defs in the para designer,
>the para tag defs in the table format defs kept the old fonts!!
>
>Aaaaaargh.... Anyone got suggestions on the best/easiest way to
>fix these?
On reference page(s), create a 1-row sample of each table type in the table
catalog, and apply the applicable default paragraph tags to the table title,
heading and footing rows, and ordinary body rows. Then, put the cursor in
each such table and use the Table Designer to update the catalog. Whenever
you want to change the default paragraph tags in any table type, do it in
the tables on the reference page, and then use the Table Designer to update
the catalog.

It's best if all this is done in the master template. Then, you should be
able to import updated table formats from the template into all document
instances that use the template.
     | Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646