Re: Updating Acrobat (was: Acrobat 4.0)

Here, here! Dov MUST be inducted into the Frame Hall of Fame! We would all be
lost without you, Dov!

Thomas Neuburger wrote:

> Just a public thanks, Dov, for all the good you're
> doing. I don't think any of us feels otherwise.
>
> Tom
>
> Dov Isaacs wrote:
>
> >Laurence et.al.:
> >
> >I am trying to do the best I can to alert our product groups of
> >the absolute need to have dummy-proof, intelligent, automated
> >installation processes which don't require a psychic to understand
> >and use. Unfortunately, for most software companies, the "installer"
> >is the unsexy piece of software that is taken care of as an afterthought.
> >We are trying to seriously address this problem going forward.
> >
> >          - Dov
> >

> >Laurence Burrows wrote (quoting Dov):
> > >-------------------snip
> > >You should always uninstall older versions before installing newer
> > >versions of Acrobat. The only exception is that once you have 4.05a
> > >installed, you then apply the "4.05 Update 1" (from Adobe web site)
> > >to the installed copy of 4.05a!

             _   _        Michael Richards
            ( \ / )       Email:  michaelr@ind.tansu.com.au
           __\ Y /,-')    Tel: +61 2 9206 3524
          (__     .-'     Locked Bag 6581 Sydney 1100
             |   (        Fax: +61 2 9281 1301
             [___]        Intelligent Network Platforms,
             |oo |        Telstra Corporation, Australia
           ,' \  |
          <___/  |
             |   |
             |   |     HAVE YOU SEEN THIS CHICKEN???