Re: conversion table glitches

At 10:51 AM 3/22/00 -0800, Mike Christie wrote:
>Thanks to all who responded to my question about Frame+SGML and conversion
>tables.
>
>I've now generated a default conversion table and have attempted to
>structure my document. The problem I am having is that  the entire document
>becomes wrapped in an element called NoName. I cannot delete it without
>deleting all elements because  they are all children of NoName. I have spent
>a fair amount of time trying to determine if there is a stray bit in my
>source document that is causing the creation of this element but I can't
>find anything. In fact, if I cut just a second-level heading and a body
>paragraph and copy it into a new, blank document, I still get the evil
>NoName element tag surrounding the entire document.
>
>Any suggestions?
Now, you need to import element definitions into your converted document
from an EDD. This EDD should, if possible, define the same elements that you
are naming in your conversion table. The EDD should also have a container
element (whatever name you want to call it) that is Valid at the Highest
Level, whose general rule is ALL. After you import the EDD into the
document, highlight the NoName element in your structure view, open the
element catalog, select the element (the one described above) that is valid
at the highest level, and click Change. You should now have a (more-or-less)
valid document, but you can now proceed to make whatever changes are
necessary to make it fully conform to the EDD.
     | Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646