OT: Dropping of Frame Retrieval Tools

This seems pretty lame for a transition strategy.

Wouldn't it be better to give customer's at least one version's worth of
warning ahead of time that a certain product set is being sunsetted?

And some discounting on going to the transition to Acrobat would sure be
a good idea, too!

Ezra

Dan Emory wrote:

<snip>

> >The Frame Retrieval Tools package has been discontinued with the release of
> >FrameMaker 6.0. We recommend a transition to PDF and Acrobat Catalog for
> >setting up indexed groups of view-only documents.
> Interesting. The poor guy has 2000 Frame documents that are viewed by his
> clients equipped with FrameViewer. The Frame Retrieval Tools are used to
> conduct searches.

<snip>