XML to MIF conversation via XSLT and XSLFO?

Hello Framers!

Recently I heard of the possibility to generate PDF out of XML-Data using XSLT and XSL-FO (Formatting Objects). There's a company offering a tool called FO2PDF-Engine ( http://www.oasis-open.org/cover/xslSoftware.html#fopdfRX ).

My questions are:
Does anyone know or is working on an analog conversation tool for XML to MIF?
Has somebody made experience by going this way?

The reason for my interest is the import of XML-Data into FrameMaker (eventually even FrameMaker+SGML), which can now in my knowledge of facts just be solved by converting XML to SGML and then importing in FrameMaker + SGML.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Martin Eisenbarth