Re: Frame + SGML

At 02:09 PM 3/17/00 -0800, Mike Christie wrote:
>I have been using FrameMaker for some years, but I am new to Frame + SGML. I
>have a set of Frame templates that I am considering converting to structured
>format, but the Frame + SGML documentation doesn't give me much help. It
>tells me that I can use a conversion table, but doesn't tell me where to
>find one or how to create one. Likewise, it tells me I can add structures to
>a document when I have an EDD file attached, but again doesn't tell me where
>to find one or how to create one.
>
>Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Choose Help > Online Manuals. On the Online Manuals help page, click on
FrameMaker +SGML Developers Guide. This is a very large ~500 pgs, very
complex document which will tell you how to build a conversion table after
you have created an EDD. I caution you, however, that conversion of
unstructured FrameMaker documents to structured ones using the Conversion
Table approach only works when your frame documents are consistently
formatted, with zero format overrides. Even then, you'll probably have
considerable manual cleanup to do.
     | Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646