RE: Acrobat 4.05

Version number confusion runs amok...

>> > FrameMaker 6.0 now supports PDF 1.3 and includes Acrobat Distiller
4.0.5,
>>Hey -- isn't that the one that was instantly replaced by 4.0.6???

> PDF 1.3 is the file format used by Acrobat 4. There is no Acrobat
Distiller 4.06!
> What comes on the CDROM labelled 4.06 is Acrobat 4.05a, Acrobat Distiller
4.05,
> Acrobat Catalog 4.05. There are no outdated Acrobat components in
FrameMaker 6.

Four reasons I thought there was an Acrobat [Distiller/Catalog/etc.] 4.06:
(1) Despite ordering my CDs four? five? months ago, I have neither the Mac
nor
Windows version of Acrobat 4.05.
(2) and (3) are excerpted below....
>From (2) and (3), I jumped to the conclusion that since 4.05 installed the
Distiller printer driver 5.00.2134.1, then 4.06 installed the 5.1.2 driver.
Am I wrong???
(4) I'm just not used to having different version numbers on the CD and any
of the products on the CD. (-:

TIA,
Ananda
ananda.stevens@windriver.com

(2) -----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2000 12:25 PM
Subject: Re: Acrobat 4.05

Immediately after installing Acrobat 4.05, download and install the
AdobePS 5.1.2 PostScript driver from the Adobe web site. That will
fix the FrameMaker compatibility problem.

         - Dov

(3) -----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, March 06, 2000 4:07 PM
Subject: Re: Delays in getting Acrobat 4.05

I just received Acrobat **4.06** (note release number) for Macintosh
yesterday, without ringing up, emailing, or whining to this list.  Mind
you, in December I flamed about "fitness for purpose", "infringing
consumer law", and other like subjects.  And it still didn't get me the
product sooner.

--
Regards,
Hedley Finger   Technical Writer