Re: [FrameSGML] Re: What's new in 6.0

At 10:17 AM 3/14/00 +1100, Marcus Carr wrote:
>From: Marcus Carr <mrc@allette.com.au>
>

>Dan Emory wrote:
>
>> ... export fully compliant XML, including the ability to produce style
>> information derived from EDD format rules (with no limitations on context)
>
>My apologies if this is not what you meant, but I've seen two postings from you
>this morning that seem to say indicate that you're looking for XSL FO
support in
>version 6.0. While I'm not pretending that I wasn't hoping for more in version
>6.0 (where is XML import?!), I wouldn't presume to ask for something that
exists
>with the W3C status of "working draft in development". Nobody has
implemented FOs
>in an interactive environment and there are only two applications that I'm
aware
>of. In the event that I'm not misunderstanding you, asking for FO support is
>somewhat disingenuous, as you must surely realise that implementation would
be a
>foolish mistake by Adobe.

I don't care whether it's called XSL FU or cascading style sheets or
whatever, as long as it's W3C-compliant. What I want to see is style
information that's derived from the EDD's format rules without the
restrictions that currently apply in V5.5.6. Those restrictions are so
limiting that the resulting style information is useless.
     | Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646