Re: Export/Import SGML

At 06:08 PM 3/10/00 -0600, Hassen Vince D Contr OC-ALC/LAKRT wrote:
>All,
>
>I have a DTD that has a GRAPHIC Element with attributes of "reprowid" and
>"reprodep".  These attributes define the actual size of the graphic.
>My read/write rules define these attributes as fm graphic elements property
>height and width.  The problem is when I import an SGML file and export, the
>Anchored frame picks up the size of reprowid and reprodep and crops it to
>11in x 11in.  I have attempted to get the attributes to "map" to the actual
>size of the graphic and NOT the stinkin' Anchored frame.
>
>Any help?  How do I get the Reprowid and Reprodep to "map" to the graphic
>size and not the anchored frame?
According to the Developers Guide, fm property import size specifies both
the width and height of the graphic itself, not the anchored frame, and this
property equates to the impsize attribute in the default graphic
declarations. See pages 272 thru 275 of the Developers Guide.

Since you have two attributes, one for width and one for height, neither one
of them alone can be equated to the import size property.

Consequently, it would appear that, to get the behavior you're looking for,
you'd have to do the following:

1. The EDD for the graphic element must specify a single attribute, impsize,
instead of reprowid and reprodep.

2. You must create two versions of the DTD. DTD1 declares the single
attribute impsize to match the EDD. DTD2 is identical to DTD1, except it
declares the separate reprowid and reprodep attributes instead of impsize.

3. Following each export to SGML using DTD1 as the DTD for export, you must
post-process the SGML file to convert impsize into the separate attributes
reprowid and reprodep. You must then change the document type declaration to
specify DTD2.

4. Prior to importing each SGML file, you must pre-process the SGML file to
convert the reprowid and reprodep attributes back to a single impsize
attribute, and change the document type declaration to specifyy DTD1.

An alternative approach could be developed using the FDK to create an API
client that does the attribute conversions. The EDD would be as described in
step 1 above, and only DTD2 would be required. The API client would perform
the conversion of the single impsize attribute to reprowid and reprodep on
export, and would combine the reprowid and reprodep attributes to form the
single impsize attribute on import.
     | Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646