Re: can a table column be made conditional?

At 09:48 AM 3/9/00 -0500, Lori Martin wrote:
>Framers,
>I have no trouble making table rows conditional, but Framemaker does not
>want to make a table column conditional. When I select an entire column and
>try to change its condition, I get the following message, "Select complete
>row(s) before applying condition tags."
>It would be OK for me to simply make the text a certain condition, except
>that the text that I want to make conditional has a graphic associated with
>it as part of the para format. When I select the entire para (by
>triple-clicking) and make it conditional, and then hide that condition, I
>am left with the graphic and no text. Any ideas?
>Thanks in advance,
The table on page 357 of the User Guide shows what can be made conditional
and how to select it. As you can see, table columns (for obvious reasons)
cannot be made conditional. To make an ancchored frame and its contents
conditional, you must select either the anchored frame border, or the anchor
symbol (appears only when View > Text Symbols is turned on).
     | Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646