RE: Distiller error

At 03:23 PM 3/3/00 EST, Jane Thackray wrote:
>Hi Framers,
>
>But I didn't know it was inadvisable to do SAVE
>AS > PDF for a book; I haven't been having any negative results from this
>approach. Anyone know why it was suggested not to use this approach?
This matter had been addressed over and over ad nauseum on the list. The
Save As PDF feature of FrameMaker 5.5.x is flawed. The negative effects are
many. Dov Isaacs, an Adobe employee who is an expert on Frame-to-PDF issues,
has authoritatively described all the reasons why many, many, many times on
this list. Those who ignore his warnings do so at their peril.
     | Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646