Re: Unexpected TOC output; what gives?

Hi Hedley,

You cannot use the <$paranumonly[ChapterTitle]> building block on a
reference page like you can in a cross-reference format or Running H/F
variable definition. What it does is pick up the closest previous autonumber
of any kind (bullet, letter, etc.). What you need to do is define an
invisible autonumber for the paragraphs that you are including in your TOC.
Here are the general steps:

1) Define a character format that is white, 2 pt text and call it Invisible.
2) Assuming your ChapterTitle has an autonumber of
C:<n+>
define the autonumber for the paragraphs that you are going to include in
your TOC as
C:<n>
3) Set the Autonumber Position to End of Paragraph.
4) Set the Autonumber Character Tag to Invisible.
5) Use this building block for the TOC paragraphs:
<$paratext>\t<$paranumonly>\=<$pagenum>

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing
716 659-8267
frameexpert@mindspring.com
FrameMaker solutions at http://www.frameexpert.com

> Fellow framers:
>
> We want to include a chapter ToC at the beginning of the chapter itself.
So