Re: Customizing default formats

Hi Hedley,

Check out the fminit directory. There's a file called shellnew.fm
that probably doubles as the Portrait file.

There are also other files without extensions that are in
fact Frame doc binaries. They load in Frame by drag-and-drop.
You might fiddle with them -- modify them in some way, and then
click the various File / New options to see which ones change.

Then tell us all what you found out! :)

Best,

Tom Neuburger

Hedley Finger (EPA) wrote:

>Whence come the default formats (Body, Emphasis, Format A, etc.) in a new
>document on UNIX/Windows/Macintosh?  I seem to recall at least with
>version 4.0 there was an empty document, devoid of text frames even, that
>stored this information.  Munging around in Windows there doesn's seem to
>be any obvious file that does this.

Mastering Framemaker
Foundation: Building Sentence Skills
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/Author%3DThomas%20Neuburger/>