Re: Cursor Start in Table

Colin,

Here is a FrameScript script that adds an Insert Note Table command to the
bottom of your Table menu. When you choose the command, you get a 2 column,
1 row table with the insertion point in the second column. The command
assumes you have a table format called "NoteTable" in your document, and
makes the 1st column 1 inch wide, and the second column 5 inches wide. Of
course, any of these parameters can be changed. Hopefully, this helps to
flatten out the learning curve for you.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing
716 659-8267
frameexpert@mindspring.com
FrameMaker solutions at http://www.frameexpert.com

Event Initialize

Add MenuSepObject('Separator4') To('TableMenu');
New Command Label('Insert Note Table') EventProc(InsertNoteTable)
   AddTo('TableMenu') NewVar(vNoteTable);
Set vNoteTable.EnabledWhen = EnableInParaText;

EndEvent

Event Terminate
Remove CommandObject(vNoteTable) From('TableMenu');
Remove MenuSepObject('Separator4') From('TableMenu');
EndEvent

Event InsertNoteTable

Set ErrorCode = 0;
New Table NewVar(vTable) Format('NoteTable')
   NumCols(2) HeaderRows(0) FooterRows(0) BodyRows(1);
If ErrorCode not= 0
   Msgbox 'Table creation failed, Error Code: '+ErrorCode;
   LeaveSub;
Endif

// Set Column widths
New MetricList NewVar(vColWidths)
   Value(1") Value(5");
Set vTable.TblColWidths = vColWidths;

Set vCell = vTable.FirstRowInTbl.FirstCellInRow.NextCellInRow;
Set TextSelection = vCell.FirstPgf;

EndEvent