Re: FM to PDF Parameters on UNIX

FrameMaker runs the Distiller installed under $FMHOME/fminit.  There is
a subdirectory there that exactly matches the directory tree used by
standalone Distiller on Solaris.  You can change configurations by
changing the .ps files in the Xtras subdirectory, just like you can on
Distiller.

You might want to consider running Distiller as a daemon.  There are
instructions with the UNIX version that tell you how to set up a
directory to receive .ps files.  When a file appears there, the daemon
converts it to a PDF.  This is an alternative to running from
FrameMaker.  I have no recommendations as to which to do.

Note that there was a release where one of the filenames was wrong in
the directory installed with FrameMaker.  This might be fixed in 5.5.6.
The upshot was that none of the configuration files were read.  If you
suspect that they aren't being read, compare the filenames between the
stand-alone and bundled directories.  I think that a filename extension
was missing.

  Mike