Re: What are the top ten features Word users hate about FM? [AGAIN]

Folks:

I realize that my previous message reads as though I have to give basic
training in one hour's time and need your feedback before then.  It should
say that management have given me ONE hour for the training to take place in
the next fortnight.  So any major confusions that Word users commonly face
are most welcome.

Hedley

	Folks:

	I've got about an hour to train some engineers and software
developers how to use FM as a writing tool when supplied with an existing
template.  This means that there will be no coverage of creating para
formats, page layouts, etc. as these are all given.

	Since all of these people have used Word, what are the top 15
differences that befuddle and astonish the first-time user of FrameMaker?
Your suggestions gratefully accepted ... I'll start the ball rolling:

	1	Where is the cursor?  (What is selected when nothing is
selected?)

	2	How do you get outline/normal view?

	3	How come you need two para styles for numbered steps?

	4	Explain again the difference between the Apply and the
Update button.

	5	How do you edit the headers and footers?

	6	How do you split/add a single cell to a row/column in a
table?  (Or almost anything to do with tables.)

	7	Conditional wha'?

	8	I can't find styles mentioned in the Index.  And what are
tags?

	9	How do you paint para/char styles?

	Surely the combined power of FM geniuses from around the world can
come up with another six.  And how about ordering them from the most
confronting to the least threatening?  [This is serious ... I need to get a
few confusions cleared up in about five minutes.]

[FrameMaker 5.5.6, Acrobat 3.02, Windows 98, HP OmniBook 2100]

Regards,
Hedley Finger   Technical Writer

Subscribe to the alternative framers:
<mailto:majordomo@omsys.com?Subject=Subscribe%20to%20framers>; message must
consist of only (no signature) --
     subscribe framers your@preferred.email.address
     help
     end

Ericsson Australia Pty Ltd
Tel. +61 3 9301 6214   Cell. +61 412 461 558   Fax. +61 3 9301 6199
Email. hedley.finger@ericsson.com.au

Hand Holding Projects Pty Ltd
Tel. +61 3 9809 1229   Cell. +61 412 461 558   Fax. +61 3 9809 1326
Email. hfinger@handholding.com.au