Re: Distiller 3.01 with PS 4.3.1 drivers=PDF problem?

Donna,

This issue has been discussed in this forum a number of times.
If you don't wish to upgrade to Acrobat 4.0x, you should NOT
use AdobePS 4.3.1. The reason why Adobe keeps the AdobePS 4.2.6
driver posted is for use with Acrobat 3.02 Distiller.

Note that part of your original problem may very well have been
caused by trying to generate PostScript for the Distiller by
using a driver configured with a PPD for a Tektronix printer.

Regardless of which version of Acrobat you use, you should NEVER,
NEVER, NEVER, NEVER use a driver instance "to file" for some
other PostScript printer model. ALWAYS setup the driver to use
the Acrobat Distiller PPD.

Use the correct driver with the correct version of Acrobat
Distiller (4.2.6 => Distiller 3.02, 4.3.1 => Distiller 4.0x)
and use the correct PPD, and the problems you mentioned will
go away.

         - Dov