Re: Problem with FM+SGML Structure View

Steve -

The one trick I remember about this, which is a video controller/driver
problem, is to turn OFF any 'hardware acceleration' for your display.

Try: Control Panel > Display > Properties > Advanced > Performance
and picking either a lower value or none usingthe slider control.

I ran into this on a system with an S3 Virge adapter, and when the
structure view was either collapsed or viewed at small scale (50% or
less) the element bubbles were simply solid black.

| I was going through the Intro/tutorial chapter in the FM+SGML manual,
| and had a problem with the display in the structure view:
|
| The "balloons" in the structure view, when collapsed, display with a
| bluish, jagged fill that could not possibly be intentional (looks like
| a screen display problem). You can't even read the tag name in the
| balloon. When expanded, the balloon appears fine, but when collapsed
| again, it gets that obnoxious fill. Any ideas?
|
| I'm using FM+SGML 5.5.6 on a Windows 98 platform (Dell), Trinitron
| monitor. Never had display problems of any kind before.
|
|  -Steve

I hope this helps.

- Lester
 Lester C. Smalley              | email:  LSmalley@Infocon.com
 Information Consultants, Inc.  | phone:  (302) 239-2942 ext. 13
 Hockessin, DE  USA 19707-0310  | fax:    (302) 239-1712