From: Shlomo Perets [mailto:shlomo@microtype.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 1999 5:51 AM
To: mheine@internorth.com
Cc: framers@omsys.com
Subject: Re: Dancing letters: feature or bug

Mike,

You wrote:

>I happened upon a strange one. Can anyone replicate? -- Having
>highlighted a few words in a  standard Body paragraph in a standard Flow
>A in the standard text frame defined on the master page, I accidentally
>(?ok, it was after midnight) held down the alt key and tapped one of the
>arrow keys. Obviously, this is what you do when you nudge 'objects'  in
>point increments. ...

This is a feature... Alt arrows move selected text 1 point in 100%zoom
(in 200% zoom, it would be 0.5 point and vice versa). Adding the
Shift key, moves by 6 points in 100% zoom.

To reset, select text and use Alt-Home, or apply 'Default Pgf Font'
character tag.
(see http://www.microtype.com/resources/fm5win.pdf for these and other
shortcuts).

>And I didn't even mention that Distiller or Exchange still insists
>on rotating my Zapf-Dingbat bullets by 180 degrees...

This is a bug... in Distiller 4.0 on NT.  Hopefully fixed in Distiller 4.05.
In the meantime, distill with Distiller 3.02.

Shlomo Perets

MicroType * http://www.microtype.com
FrameMaker-to-Acrobat: TimeSavers / Advanced Techniques Course / Solutions