Cross-references Won't Update

Hi Framers,

I've gone though and updated all my cross-reverences in a book file, file
by file, using the Find/Change Unresolved Cross-references functionality.
I've further checked my work by applied the Update Reference functionality
to each file. No unresolved cross-references are to be found.

When I regenerate the book, however, a message in the status bar of the
book file informs me that Frame is updating references in four of my eight
files in the book. I open those files, search for unresolved reference:
nothing.

What gives? Any ideas?

I understand that I can just leave it be 'cause it ain't causing me any
harm. However, I supply these files electronically to another company and
the writer at the other end has asked me repeatedly to fix it. Well, if I
could just figure out what's up, I'd glad to oblige.

Thanks in advance.

colin

I'm using Frame 5.5 on UNIX.