Re: ** ADMIN - Flames/Complaints/Rants/Curses & Dr. Warnock's Keynote **

At 08:24 AM 11/11/99 +1100, Michael Richards wrote:
>------------------Snip
>Greetings from an Australian (whose great, great, great, grandparents were a
>Jewish couple transported to Australia for stealing a bolt of cloth! Yup, I
sure
>do know  about civilisation and its benefits!).
My Ancestor arrived on these shores (the US) in 1631 with a wife and two
very small children. He settled in the Massachusetts Bay Colony. The first
winter was very harsh. His family was starving, so, he stole some corn and
fish, and got caught. His felonious act was recorded in the records of
Charlestown Mass. as "the first theft in this country". He and his family
were indentured out to a prominant citizen for the next 20 years. During
that time their master had a religious falling out with the Bay Colony, and
they all moved to Rhode Island. My ancestor's son, John Sayles, married the
Governor's daughter, and later became the Town Clerk of Providence Rhode Island.
     | Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646