Warnock PDF unviewable on Solaris Reader 4

Hedley Finger in Australia was kind enough to supply me with the PDF of
John Warnock's
address.

When I tried to look at it on my Solaris workstation using Reader 4,
I could see only the front page and the header/footer/graphics on the
subsequent pages -- but no text!

Since there was an NT box available here at work, I tried using Reader 4
on that machine. This time I was able to read everything.

This sure puts a big ol' 45-calibre bullet right through the heart of
cross-platform viewing of documents, don't it? :-(

Brad: is there something about the file itself that could cause this?

List: is there anything I should check on my Solaris box or the
installation
and settings for Reader 4 there?

Thanks,