Acrobat 4 issues

Has anyone run into these problems with Acrobat 4? Apologies if they've
been covered already - I searched the FrameUsers archives and Adobe tech
support, to no avail.

1. Commercial printing. I was helping a friend generate a PDF from his
Frame manual, and thought I'd try out Acrobat 4. I can print it on my
little printer, but my friend's commercial printer couldn't - something
to do with font imposition. That's not a lot of info, I know, but the
commercial printer's technical people don't like to talk on the phone :
)  Apparently, they (the printer) have experienced a great deal of
trouble with Acrobat 4, and don't recommend it to any of their clients.
I can find out more about their setup if it helps.

2. Coloured text. In my own Frame docs, I use a
cross-reference/character format that's blue and underlined, so the
hyperlinks should be clearly visible upon conversion. However, Acrobat 4
can't seem to convert the coloured text - it's all greyscale. The
coloured screenshots come across fine, though. I've tried all of the
colour settings in Distiller's Job Options, without success.

Specs:

Pentium 200 with 128 MB memory
Frame 5.5.6
Acrobat 4.0