Job: Production Editor, Cupertino

Portal Software, Inc., is looking to hire a production editor in
Cupertino, California. Job responsibilities include:

Templates and Conversions:

--Maintain and create templates
  * FrameMaker for online doc
  * FrameMaker optimized for print (for downloadable PDFs)
  * Webworks
  * MS-Word for documentation plans and specifications
  * Visio illustrations
--Convert docs to PDF; proof conversions
--Train new writers how to use our templates
--Write and maintain a template guide (how to use our template)
--Fix broken links (with guidance from writers)

Editorial:

--Proof writers' work for adherence to templates
--Put in copyedits (with guidance from writers)
--Proof against redlines

Web site:

--Maintain the documentation group's web site in Pathfinder
--Maintain the documentation update site

Other:

--Create Visio illustrations
--Investigate CD-ROM packaging (such as PDF Bookshelf)
--Test the website (document search engine, navigation bar, links,
firewall issues)

To find more about Portal Softare, Inc., see http://www.portal.com.
To apply for this position, fax your resume to Cheryl Lander,
408-343-4180, or mailto:cheryl@portal.com.