Re: Frame graphics export options

Derek,

You can also print to PS, Distill to PDF.  Then in Acrobat/Exchange,
crop elements that you are interested in and export those individual
elements to EPS files.

We do this all the time with Pagemaker -> EPS and Framemaker -> EPS,
particularly with advertising copy that I don't want that magazine to
muck up. They simply place the eps in their page layout like any other
graphic, except my "graphic" is the whole advertisement.

NOTE: At least with Acrobat Exchange 3x, you have to download the PDF ->
EPS/PS exporter (free) from the Adobe site.  Go to the downloads page
and follow the links to Acrobat download stuff.

(When I tried to confirm the URL for this today, for someone else, the
Adobe site was really mucked up and did not show or allow ANYTHING to be
downloaded.  Maybe you will have better luck.)

Jay

Richard Phillips wrote:

> You could have a Frame file consisting of nothing except an anchored
> frame that contains your graphic. Save that Frame file as an eps. I
> don't know; never tried it.
>
> ==================================
>
> Derek W. Brandt wrote:
> >
> > Are there any ways of exporting graphics created in Frame other than
> > exporting a file to HTML and getting GIF, PNG, or JPEG versions? (Or other
> > than creating an EPS version of the whole doc and then extracting the
> > graphic segments?)
> >
> > In particular, can a graphic drawn within Frame using the graphics tools be
> > exported as vector files that could be edited in Illustrator or Freehand?
> >
> > (I'm on a Mac.)
> >
> > Derek

> >                        http://www.FrameUsers.com

Jay Smith