Re: PDF works via Frame, but not straight through Distiller

Erin,

1) "Save as PDF" has never really worked.  Period.  It does not matter,
in this case, how they differ.  It simply does not work most of the
time.  Such is life.

2) The problem is in your statement "Don't know the driver--I'll have to
check
 with sys admin".  THE DEVIL IS IN THE DRIVER.

In order for this to work, you MUST use the "Distiller driver".  This is
sometimes named differently on different systems... On *MY*
installation, it is called Distiller Assistant.  You *HAVE TO* select
the "Distiller driver" for this to work.  You do this by "printing to a
virtual printer" called something like "Distiller Assistant".  You do
this my selecting this as your "printer" just like you would select the
printer in your office or the big one down the hall.

Jay

(Note to Dov ... just doing my community service, Sir.)

Erin Hynes wrote:

> Here are details some of you requested:
>
> Frame version 5.5.6 on Windows NT
> Acrobat 3.01
> Don't know the driver--I'll have to check with sys admin, to whom I'll hand
> this problem once I narrow down the possibilities.
>
> Error message is
> %%[ Error: undefined; OffendingCommand:
> E*t600R&u600D*r0F&l0O&l0H&l2a8c1E*p0x0Y*c0t5760x7704Y&l1X*b0M ]%%
> %%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%
> %%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %%
>
> I'm confused, in that I thought that when I save a Frame file to a PDF, it
> ran though the print-to-postcript-convert-through-Distiller routine.
> Obviously, that's not the case since approach works and the other doesn't.
> How do they differ?
>
> Erin Hynes
>
> At 10/25/99 11:13 AM , Erin Hynes wrote:
> >Framers,
> >
> >I can convert Frame docs to PDF using the Save As feature in Frame, but not
> >when I print to a PS file (I get that far) then try to distill it. Any
> >ideas?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >Erin Hynes
>
> Without any particulars provided by you to allow remote debugging,
> the answer is very simple ... your system is misconfigured, probably
> in terms of the driver and/or Acrobat.
>
>          - Dov
>
> PS: Folks, if you want assistance, you really need to give some specifics,
> such as the "type" of computer you are on, software and driver versions,
> etc.

>                        http://www.FrameUsers.com
>
>                        http://www.FrameUsers.com

Jay Smith