Re: Spelling dictionaries

----- Original Message -----
From: Dan Emory <danemory@primenet.com>
To: Free Framers <framers@omsys.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 09, 1999 9:30 PM
Subject: Spelling dictionaries

Hi, Dan.
Linguistic soft firms are not interesting to lost own time/money  from  until Adobe remakes Framemaker kernel to Unicode CoolType
based FM 6 (7, 8 ...).
Yet we can see the Adobe's conscious activity blocades a multilingual support in new InDesign based with Unicode CoolType. Therefore
FM6 will be uncompatible to multilingual OS too.
MacOS 9 and Windows2000 Pro INLUDES all language supports for all languages -- from Indic/Arabic to Russian and Greek.
Very bad bias Adobe disregardes entirely this fact.

> Does anyone know sources for obtaining FrameMaker hyphenation or
> spelling dictionaries for languages beyond those that come with FrameMaker?
> For example, Russian, Ukranian, etc.
It need to use any third-party linguistic modules have the option for inserting all possible soft-hyphens in Win/Mac MSWord
document.
There are:
Informatic "Orfo 5" - for Russian
Textar "UniSpell 2.x" - for Russian
Pray "Ruta" - for Ukrainian, Russian
Agama "Propis'" - for Baltic, Russian
FM imports correctly same Word document (include soft-hyphens).

Dm.