Re: Cross-references between two sgml files

At 09:30 PM 10/20/99 +0200, Erik Wiersma wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am currently using FM+SGML. I have several .sgm files and i want cross
>references between them. In framemaker i can make the cross-reference and it
>works. But when I save as .sgm-file the cross-reference information is lost.
>I only see the cross-reference as text.
>
>Any one a idea how I can solve this problem.
There is only one way, and that's to put all of the FM+SGML source files
(all must be structured docs conforming to a single EDD/DTD) into a single
book file, and then export the entire book to SGML. The SGML standard
prohibits cross references (created using ID and IDREF attributes) between
different SGML documents.
     | Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646